Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stuck in reverse

Hello!

So I left off with the jobs I applied at. It's been a week and no phone calls yet. And my job interview at the Japanese Restaurant, Maguro-ya probably won't hire me because I don't have any experience in a Japanese Restaurant. I also found out CPK does a group interview every Wednesday. So probably I would do that next week since I want to work an eight hour shift at Old Navy. As for Roy's restaurant, I hope they call. That would be awesome.

After filling out so many job applications, I noticed my life is in reverse. Well...let's see....I started my first job at Subway making $6.50 per hr. when I was a senior in high school. Then, my second job at Longs I'd made $10.50 per hr., After, my third job at Prologix Dist. I'd made $12.50 per hr., Next, my fourth job at Islander Group I'd made $11.00 per hr., And as of now, I'm making $8.47 per hr at Old Navy. I feel like I started back at one. At all my other jobs, I was making really good money and I could managed to handle to pay my bills on time. However, things now with money wise has been really difficult. Why does money for school has to be so much? My dreams is to become a chef. It is my answer, my goal, my passion to be in my life but money is being a real issue here and I don't know if I had made the right choice of going to school. Every night this subject is stuck in my head and I can't sleep. Where am I going in my future? Have I failed to succeed? Should I have stayed with my magazine job? But hey, there are somethings I have to face, right? College Life = $$$.

As much I try to move on, I feel I haven't moved one bit. I'm stuck in reverse and the world is passing me by. If dreams do come true why is there a price to pay? Should it be free? I'm starting to see that dreams are there to help me escape from reality. So my question is....do I want to live in a dream or a reality?

Other than that...on a brighter note, I've become a 12 year old again. Seriously....I've pulled out my Star Wars blanket that I had kept for a long time (nine years). I bought a Batman lunchbox which is awesome. And I'm playing my PS2. Man, the last time I played with that was back in 2007 and I really want a PS3 but not at this moment. Right? I'm also getting back into comics. I so want to read The Boys since it is similar to The Watchmen. Also I'm joining my good friend into Magic: The Gathering which was a card game during my freshmen year in high school. Being 28 years old is never too late to be 12 again. I guess this is one of those things to laugh at in the past or to look back in the future. :) And another thing, 12 years old was my first "My Girl" moment. lol!

So I leave this blog with this line....

"And high above and down below, when you're too in love to let it go, and if you never try you'll never know, just what you're worth." - Coldplay


No comments:

Post a Comment